These types of dentures are supported by the oral soft tissues. They can be made relatively quickly and are especially useful in an emergency.
First impressions are taken using standard impression trays.
Visit Two and three
Second impressions are taken using accurate impression trays made by the Laboratory from the impressions of visit one.
Wax rims are shaped to show the technicians how your teeth bite together. Make, mould and shade of your new teeth are chosen.
Is to try in the teeth which are set in the wax. This allows for any adjustments to made by the dentist and for the patient to check the shape and colour of your teeth. If any changes are to be made an extra visit will be needed to make sure the changes are ok.
The teeth will be ready to wear, your bite will be checked and any necessary adjustments made.
It normally takes four to five weeks to complete all the stages if everything goes to plan.
These types of dentures are also used to replace missing teeth. They are often used when some natural teeth remain as they use the remaining teeth for retention. A very accurate impression is taken and the dental technician makes a metal framework which is individually designed for the patient.
Subsequently pink acrylic and artificial teeth are added to reproduce the missing teeth and shrunken gum.
The advantage of the metal framework is that it fits very accurately around the remaining teeth, and when biting, the forces are transmitted to the patients own teeth. This is much healthier for the mouth. These dentures are generally much smaller/thinner and lighter than the acrylic only dentures.
- Partial acrylic denturefrom £668
- Cobalt-Chrome Denturesfrom £1237
- Full Upper or Lower Denturefrom £1054
- Full Upper and Lower Denturesfrom £1720
- Partial acrylic denturefrom £145
- Cobalt-Chrome Denturesfrom £262
- Full Upper or Lower Denturefrom £195
- Full Upper and Lower Denturesfrom £610
Denplan Essentials 10% Off
- Partial acrylic denturefrom £602
- Cobalt-Chrome Denturesfrom £1114
- Full Upper or Lower Denturefrom £1000
- Full Upper and Lower Denturesfrom £1546